Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968.
What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time employees start at 2-weeks vacation, and that goes up to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus staff get to take off their birthdays, Boxing Day, and three extra SOS days around Christmas, Easter, and the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Competitive salary and health benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules and attends Board and committee meetings; prepares agendas, and records/transcribes minutes.
- Performs administrative and office support tasks, including a variety clerical duties.
- Assists with the coordination of the Health & Safety in the Workplace Program.
- Schedules and ensures maintenance of SOS buildings and vehicles.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Completion of Post-Secondary training in a related field supplemented by a minimum of two years previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of training and experience; and a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and frequent deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials, including taking minutes.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also function independently.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications/experience (+ Benefits)
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: December 3, 2021
Note: Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status or valid legal exemption required. Police Information Check required.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
Manager of Administration,
Society of Organized Services,
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.