Time In Comfort for Tots And Caregivers
This program offers a welcoming and nurturing environment for children newborn to age 5 years old that have not entered kindergarten yet, and their parents/caregivers.
- Fun activities for both children and adults.
- Complimentary coffee and tea.
- Muffins and fruit basket for parents/guardians.
- Snacks for children to-go, including fruit, crackers and a yogurt tube.
Parksville: Tuesdays and Thursdays – 9-11am
SOS Community Services Centre (245 West Hirst Ave.)
- Parksville contact:
Qualicum: Mondays and Wednesdays – 9-11am
SOS Community Services Centre at Qualicum Commons (744 Primrose St.)
- Qualicum contact:
- Pre-registration required. We can also take registrations over the phone or email to be put on waitlist.
- We encourage families of 3 that are currently having playdates to be a “family bubble.” Otherwise, we will assign families together. Depending on number of children in a family, we may be able to accommodate 4 families.
- Families pick one day and come for a total of 3 consecutive weeks in their “family bubble.” A new “family bubble” attends the program for the following 3 weeks, etc. Limited spots available for a total of 10 participants, this includes parents with children.
- Please note this program is not for paid caregivers.
- Snacks for children will be given on their way out.
- Limited physical contact from staff/volunteers so we ask parents/caregivers to be nearby their child(ren).