Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968.
What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time employees start at 2-weeks vacation, and that goes up to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus they get to take off their birthdays, Boxing Day, and two extra SOS days around Christmas and Easter. Competitive salary and health benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Resource Development Manager on fundraising initiatives and helps coordinate various internal and external events throughout the year.
- Maintains DonorPerfect database to ensure that all donations and contact information are recorded accurately as well as maintaining good data hygiene.
- Issues tax receipts and related correspondence.
- Provides donor base extractions for communication and fundraising purposes and provides reports as required for gift tracking and analysis.
- Is the primary point of contact for donor inquiries.
- Manages fundraising materials inventory.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Completion of Post-Secondary training in a related field such as communications, marketing, public relations, supplemented by a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in the nonprofit sector is an asset.
- Experience in fundraising software (specifically in DonorPerfect) would be an asset.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and executing events such as seminars and social gatherings is an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and frequent deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, database management.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as function independently
- Able to commit to occasional evening/weekend work related to events.
- Ability to lift/move boxes and other related activities that require physical mobility.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, occasional evening/weekend
Compensation: Annual Salary $43,000 to start + Benefits
Start Date: APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE START
Deadline: September 29, 2023
Note: Police Information Check required
Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
Manager of Administration and Client Services,
Society of Organized Services,
PO Box 898, 245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.