Established in 2010, the Oceanside Task Force on Homelessness (OTFH) is a collaborative group of dedicated individuals and organizations addressing homelessness and issues related to homelessness in the local region. The Community Coordinator position is located at SOS and the Coordinator works closely with other local resources to support the homeless population.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the OTFH, including administrative work, and community awareness and event coordination.
- Works as a front-line staff in performing client intakes, assessments, referrals and advocacy.
- Provides supports and supplies to homeless in accordance with the Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Partnering Strategy federal contract.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community support service systems.
- Combination of education, skills, and experience in the area of program development, coordination, research, and community liaison and development, preferably in the community-based human services sector.
- Experience in one-on-one client work in the social services sector, including dealing with challenging client situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Rate of Pay: $48,230/year to start
Employment Term: ASAP, Currently until March 31, 2024, with possibility of extension.
Start Date: APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE START
Deadline: March 22, 2023
Note: Police Information Check required.
Submit resume and references in confidence to:
Administration & Client Services Manager
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
Note: Police Information Check required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.