Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville/Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment, and work-life balance. Competitive salary.
Do you love to drive and interact with members of your local community? You will be a vital member of the team, providing transportation to connect community members in programs that can uplift and provide essential socialization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Driving SOS 21-seater bus; transporting program participants to SOS Community Service Centres in Parksville and Qualicum
• Transporting program participants to occasional field trips/events.
• Maintaining the vehicle in accordance with SOS Driver/Vehicle Procedure Manual and SOS policies.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the vehicle by regularly moping, vacuuming, taking it through the carwash, etc.
• Class 4 Driver’s License.
• Friendly and has excellent interpersonal skills.
Hours: Casual/as needed; Monday – Friday (Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings)
Rate of Pay: $18.50
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: Open until position is filled
Note: Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status or valid legal exemption required. Police Information Check and provincial Criminal Record Check required. SOS covers the cost of the annual medical check required for Class 4 license.
Submit resume and references to:
Child, Youth & Family Centre Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898,
245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.