Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville/Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment, and work-life balance. Competitive salary.
Love to organize and create activities that allow youth to express themselves, develop life skills and build confidence? Have a passion to create a fun and safe space for youth to interact with peers through meals, arts and crafts and connecting them to community resources and providing support? Join our Child, Youth and Family Programs Team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support and assists in planning and facilitating youth group programs (Gr.7-9-School Night Out and Gr.10-12–Youth Open Space in both Parksville and Qualicum locations) which include:
- Planning and preparing snacks and meals for programs
- Planning and facilitating arts, crafts and activities for the programs
- Setup and cleanup of room for activities and meals
- Builds and promotes engagement and positive development through active involvement, healthy relationship building with participants, positive mentorship and well-developed communication skills.
- Ensures the goals and objectives of the program are met within a team environment.
- At least one-year’s previous related experience in program delivery. A degree or certificate in social services or related discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and program development.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Hours of Work: 20 hours/week, 2:00-7:00 pm Monday-Thursday, some mornings and weekends as required. Can be on-call for Early years programs as well (8:30-11:45 am)
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Note: Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status or valid legal exemption required
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Child, Youth and Family Programs Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9.
Note: Police Information Check and provincial Criminal Record Check required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.