Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment, and work-life balance. Competitive salary.
Love to organize play and to create activities that brings joy and builds confidence in children, youth and families? Have a passion to interact and create a safe space for children, youth and families through meals, fun-filled arts and crafts and connecting them to community resources? Join our Child, Youth and Family Programs Team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides coordination and administration of early years, youth and family group programs and events that include: Planning, preparation and facilitation of meals, arts, crafts and activities.
- Promotes engagement and positive development through strong relationship building with participants, active involvement, positive role modeling and well developed communication skills.
- Ensures the goals and objectives of the program are met within a team environment.
- Assesses participant needs and refers to appropriate internal and/or external resources.
- Supervises and evaluates program staff and volunteers.
- Utilizes social media to engage participants.
- Degree in related discipline is preferred. At least two years previous related experience in program development and delivery and supervision of front-line staff.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and program development.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and a Class 5 Driver’s License.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week, including evenings and weekends as required.
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience + Benefits after 6 months
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Child, Youth and Family Programs Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9.
Note: Police Information Check and provincial Criminal Record Check required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.