SOS CHILD, YOUTH & FAMILY PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
- Coordinates and facilitates early years, youth & family group programs that promote engagement and positive development through strong relationship building with participants.
- Assesses participant needs and refers to appropriate internal and/or external resources.
- Supervises and evaluates program staff and volunteers.
- Ensures the goals and objectives of the program are met within a team environment.
- Modify program delivery due to pandemic – from delivery of activities/supplies and snacks/meals to limited in-centre programming when COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Utilizes social media to engage participants.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least two years previous related experience in program development and delivery and supervision of front-line staff.
- Degree in related discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and program development.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and a Class 5 Driver’s License.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week, including evenings and weekends as required.
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications/experience + Benefits after 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Submit resume and references to:
Child, Youth and Family Programs Manager
Society of Organized Services (SOS)
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.