Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been improving the lives of residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time employees start at 2-weeks’ vacation, which increases to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus, employees get extra paid days off for their birthdays and around Christmas and Easter. Competitive salary and health benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversees the day-to-day functions of client service programs for adults and seniors in District 69, ensuring program goals and objectives are met and maintained.
• Provides program planning, coordination, and administration.
• Provides leadership, supervision and support to client services staff, volunteers, and contractors.
• Fosters and encourages strong community relationships.
• Provides support and coverage for front line client service program staff, including reception, client intakes, assessments, referrals, and advocacy, as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Post-Secondary education in a related field supplemented by at least five years related direct client service delivery experience in social work or related field, including program development and coordination.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and three years supervisory experience with a focus on teamwork.
• Demonstrated goal setting, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, non-profit groups, agencies, and organizations.
• Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure and deal with challenging client situations.
• Ability to function independently, frequently under pressure, while managing competing priorities and deadlines, including effectively managing emergency situations.
• Strong administrative skills, including knowledge and experience in office procedures and computers, working with accuracy and attention to detail.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Compensation: Dependent on Experience
Start Date: Late August or Early September
Deadline: August 14, 2022
Note: Police Information Check, proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status (including boosters, proof of legal exemption), and valid Class 5 Driver’s License required.
Submit resume and references to:
Administration & Client Services Manager
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.