Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968.
What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment, and work-life balance. Competitive salary.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, person that has a deep knowledge of social media, knows how to craft engaging stories online and in print, and has a keen eye for photography.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proposes exciting ideas for social media and print campaigns, produces the content, and coordinates their effective delivery.
- Keeps up to date with current trends online.
- Monitors and reports on social media posts/campaigns impact and performance.
- Increases awareness of the organization and helps grow social media following by keeping content fresh, and by engaging with the online community.
- Captures compelling photos and videos for use in various communications materials.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Completion of Post-Secondary training in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience managing and executing social media campaigns on a variety of platforms.
- Talented writer and photographer and keen ability to capture a story with visuals.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office.
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week
Compensation: Dependent on qualifications/experience
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Submit resume and references to:
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898,
245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
Note: Police Information Check required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.