Love to make a difference and support youth learning? Do you have a passion for teaching and mentoring youth? We are looking for a Contracted Tutor for our Tutoring Program for Grades 6-12.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• A qualified tutor who can teach the current BC Curriculum of Math and English to youth in Grades 6-12, who are enrolled in regular classes in School District 69.
• Provide one-on-one tutoring and support remedial learners to improve their skills in Math and/or English as well as help youth meet their learning objectives.
• Assist youth in developing study skills and organizational techniques.
• Actively engage youth and help them build a feeling of success and confidence.
• Teaching qualifications (preferred) and experience tutoring students.
• Strong communication skills and problem solver.
• Can maintain a positive learning environment and love working with youth.
Hours of Work: After-School Monday to Thursday from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm (program follows the school calendar). 1 hour per student each week.
Rate of Pay: $30.00 per hour
Start Date: September 12, 2022
Deadline: August 26, 2022
Note: Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status or valid legal exemption required. Police Information Check and provincial Criminal Record Check required.
Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Child, Youth & Family Programs Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.