Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time employees start at 2-weeks’ vacation, which increases to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus, employees get extra paid days off for their birthdays and around Christmas and Easter. Competitive salary and health benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Seniors Advocacy Services Program.
• Works as front-line staff in performing client intakes, assessments, referrals and advocacy.
• Ensures that the goals and objectives of the programs are met and maintained.
• Completion of Post-Secondary training in a related field supplemented by a minimum of two years previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Experience in one-on-one client work in the social services sector, including dealing with challenging client situations.
• Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong administrative skills, including knowledge and experience in office procedures and computers.
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as function independently.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Compensation: $21.95/HOUR to start (+ Benefits)
Start Date: June 2022
Deadline: June 10, 2022 (Apply today for an interview!)
Note: Police Information Check and proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status or valid legal exemption required.
Submit resume and references to:
Manager of Administration,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.