Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. We are currently looking for an energetic and efficient Merchandiser.
What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sorts, labels, prices, and rotates donations.
- Displays merchandise.
- Attends to Changing Rooms.
- Cash register/Point of Sale experience.
- Training and/or experience in customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Physically fit – able to do heavy lifting in a safe manner.
- Knowledgeable of current fashions and trends.
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week (3 days/week)
Rate of Pay: $18.50 per hour to start
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: October 17, 2022
Note: Police Information Check and proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination, including boosters, required.
Submit resume and references to:
Thrift Shop Operations Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.