Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968.
What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time employees start at 2-weeks vacation, and that goes up to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus they get to take off their birthdays, Boxing Day, and two extra SOS days around Christmas and Easter. Competitive salary and health benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sorts, labels, prices, and rotates donations.
- Displays merchandise.
- Attends to Changing Rooms.
- Cash register/Point of Sale experience.
- Training and/or experience in customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Physically fit – able to do heavy lifting in a safe manner.
- Knowledgeable of current fashions and trends.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week; including working every Saturday and Sunday
Rate of Pay: $17.05 per hour to start (+ Benefits); 4 extra bonus days off (including your birthday); 3 weeks vacation after 2 years of employment
Start Date: ASAP
Submit resume and references to:
Thrift Shop Operations Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
Note: Police Information Check required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.