Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. We are currently looking for an energetic and efficient Shipper/Receiver. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transports donations from loading bay to pricing/sorting room.
- Operates/assists on Thrift Shop truck.
- Sorts, labels, and prices donations.
- Training and/or experience in customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Physically fit; able to do heavy lifting in a safe manner.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; able to drive 1 ton cube van.
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Rate of Pay: $17.05 per hour to start
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: May 5, 2022
Note: Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status or valid legal exemption required.
Submit resume and references to:
Thrift Shop Operations Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898,
245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
Note: Police Information Check required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.