Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been making life better for residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment, and work-life balance. Competitive salary.
Love to organize and create activities that allow youth to express themselves, develop life skills and builds confidence? Have a passion to create a fun and safe space for youth to interact with peers through meals, arts and crafts and connecting them to community resources and providing support? Join our Child, Youth and Family Programs Team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides coordination and administration of youth group programs and events that include: Planning, preparation and facilitation of meals, arts, crafts and activities
- Promotes engagement and positive development through strong relationship building with participants, active involvement, positive role modeling and well-developed communication skills.
- Ensures the goals and objectives of the program are met within a team environment.
- Assesses participant needs and refers to appropriate internal and/or external resources.
- Works in collaboration with youth community partners and provides outreach to local high schools to develop great working relationships and build connections.
- Supervises and evaluates program staff and volunteers.
- Utilizes social media to engage participants.
- Degree in related discipline is preferred. At least two years previous related experience working with youth in program development, delivery and supervision of front-line staff.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and program development.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and a Class 5 Driver’s License.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week, including evenings and weekends as required.
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience + Benefits after 6 months
Deadline: August 6, 2021
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Child, Youth and Family Programs Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9.
Note: Police Information Check and provincial Criminal Record Check required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.