Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been improving the lives of residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time employees start at 2-weeks’ vacation, which increases to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus, employees get extra paid days off for their birthdays and around Christmas and Easter. Competitive salary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the Society’s Membership and Volunteer program is administered in a professional and efficient manner with attention to confidentiality, safety for clients and volunteers, and appropriate training of volunteers.
• Promotes volunteer opportunities and volunteerism through public presentations.
• Develops and implements a Volunteer Recruitment Plan.
• Maintains the Membership and Volunteer program through recruiting, interviewing, selecting, scheduling, and supervising volunteers.
• Provides support and coverage for the administration office and programs, as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
• At least two years’ previous experience in a similar environment, as well as previous supervisory and interviewing experience is preferred.
• Relevant experience and education in volunteer management; and courses in business management preferred.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in office procedures, using Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher), and database management are required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including excellent presentation and community relations skills.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, until December 31, 2022
Rate of Pay: $24.00/hour
Start Date: APPLY TODAY FOR EARLY INTERVIEW AND IMMEDIATE START
Deadline: August 28, 2022
Note: Police Information Check, proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status (including boosters, proof of legal exemption), and valid Class 5 Driver’s License required.
Submit resume and references to:
Administration & Client Services Manager
Society of Organized Services (SOS),
PO Box 898, 245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.