SOS THRIFT SHOP MERCHANDISER
Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an
award-winning charitable organization that has been improving the lives of residents in the
Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company
culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our
staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive,
supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious
about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees. Full-time
employees start at 2-weeks’ vacation, which increases to 3 weeks after 2 years. Plus,
employees get extra paid days off for their birthdays and around Christmas and
Easter. Competitive salary and health benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Sorts, labels, prices, and rotates donations.
• Displays merchandise.
• Attends to Changing Rooms.
• Cash register/Point of Sale experience.
• Training and/or experience in customer service.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Physically fit – able to do heavy lifting in a safe manner.
• Knowledgeable of current fashions and trends.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $18.50 per hour to start (+ Benefits after 6 months)
Start Date: Immediately
Deadline: Once Position is Filled
Note: Police Information Check Required
Submit resume and references to:
Thrift Shop Operations Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS)
PO Box 898, 245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9