SOS Thrift Shop
The SOS Thrift Shop is an excellent place for the bargain hunter in all of us! All merchandise is donated from the community, and all of the net revenue generated from the Thrift Shop sales goes directly to SOS programs, initiatives and outreach.
On June 15, 2020, SOS Thrift Shop reopened with limited hours and procedures due to the COVID-19 crisis. Please note, face masks are mandatory when shopping at the Thrift Shop, effective August 25, 2020.
Please note that all donations are isolated prior to bringing them into the store for your health and safety. Due to capacity limitations, this means that once our quarantine area is full, we can no longer accept donations that day. Please consider bringing them back another day.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we continue to work through the challenges that have come with the pandemic.
Your support is truly appreciated at this time and is helping us provide essential services to our residents. Thank you for helping us keep valuable items out of our landfill, for promoting ethical, sustainable shopping, and for supporting SOS as a local charity dedicated to improving our community.
The health and safety of you and our staff is a top priority to us, so you will notice some changes. Here’s what you can expect on your visit to the Thrift Shop:
Monday - Saturday, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. These reduced business hours will help us restock the store and maintain enhanced cleaning requirements with just our staff on the premises.
Enhanced cleaning procedures:
We will be cleaning high-touch areas frequently.
In order to limit the spread of viruses, we have added hand sanitizer stations and our staff team will be wearing facemasks.
Important details about shopping:
- Do not enter, if you are sick.
- Wear a face mask.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations at the entrance and exit doors.
- Once inside, please follow directional signs.
- Please stay 6 feet away from other shoppers, and staff, at all times.
- All incoming donations have been isolated prior to being put on the sales floor; however, we recommend that you wash and/or sanitize your purchases.
- Please avoid touching merchandise unless you intend to purchase the item.
- Change rooms and washrooms are closed for your safety.
- Tap debit and credit transactions are preferred; please avoid using cash.
- New shopping bags will be provided. Sorry, we will not be handling or using reusable bags.
- We are limiting the number of shoppers for your safety. Please limit your visit to 20 minutes so that other customers have the opportunity to shop. Please help us ensure everyone gets a chance to come in and find some treasures.
- Sorry, there are no deliveries available.
Important details about Thrift Shop donations:
- Drop off your donations during opening hours, 9:30 - 3:30, Monday - Saturday.
- Sorry, no furniture or large appliances will be accepted for donation at this time due to our limited capacity to store isolated donations.
- When our storage containers are full, we cannot take any more donations that day until those items have gone through an isolation period. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we hope you will consider coming back with your donations.
- Please ensure your items are clean and in working order.
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from SOS employees.
- Sorry there are no pick-ups available.
Thank you again for your patience as we do our best to operate in this new normal.
SOS could not continue providing community support without valued supporters like you. Thank you for helping us ensure that everyone has a safe, enjoyable shopping experience at the best Thrift Shop on the Island.
The SOS Thrift Shop has over 18,000 square feet of:
- Small appliances
- Household items
Collectables and art are also available. The Boutique department offers fashionable clothing at affordable prices. Gift certificates are available.
Donations are gratefully accepted at 188 West Hirst Avenue, Parksville (at the back of the building) Monday - Saturday, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm.
The Thrift Shop is open Monday through Saturday, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. Closed Sundays and holidays.