An Important Update
Despite the lost revenue from the three-month closure of our Thrift Shop due to COVID-19, thanks to community support, we are still providing essential services to residents. We are also fundraising to restart other priority programs. We are currently providing:
- Emergency Assistance & Advocacy. If you are a resident in need of food or medicine, call us.
- Counselling Referral program. If you are in need of counselling support, we can connect you with a professional counsellor online.
- Seniors Advocacy Services and Oceanside Better at Home. If you are a senior who needs help grocery shopping, has questions about your benefits, or needs someone to check in with them, give us a call.
- Meals on Wheels. Delivering nutritious meals to residents 3 days a week.
- Homeless Prevention Program. Clients continue to receive support to maintain housing.
- Working with the Oceanside Task Force on Homelessness, we are helping homeless individuals with supplies and emergency assistance.
- Income Tax program. Assisting low-income individuals and families in filing basic income tax returns.
- Recreation Assistance for Children & Youth. Helping with registration costs so children can attend recreation activities.
As of Sept. 21, we are restarting Child, Youth & Family programs in a reduced capacity.
If you are a District 69 resident in need, call us at 250-248-2093. We are here to help, as long as we can.
If you can make a financial donation to our Grateful Hearts: PROJECT RESTART Campaign
to help us meet needs in the community, please donate now. Your help can’t wait!