Emergency Assistance & Advocacy Program
SOS provides support for local residents if they face an unexpected hardship or financial emergency. SOS also advocates for clients to understand financial issues and provides guidance to promote self-sufficiency.
Examples of types of assistance:
- Propane for cooking and heat
- Food – essential groceries
- Limited support with prescription medications
- Change of clothes, basic supplies from SOS Thrift Shop
- Advocacy including filling out Government paperwork, printing, copying and faxing.
- Referrals for the Safe Cars for Kids program.
Assistance may also include referral to other community groups or agencies.
To make an appointment, please call 250-248-2093 ext. 241 or email email@example.com
If you are 60+, please call our Seniors’ Advocacy Services Coordinator at
250-248-2093 ext. 239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org