Society of Organized Services
About the Shop
Monday – Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm.
Due to the pandemic, we continue to limit the number of customers in the store to allow for social distancing. Although there may be a line-up to enter, this always moves quickly and we thank shoppers for their continued patience and kindness.
Enhanced cleaning procedures
We clean high-touch areas frequently.
In order to limit the spread of viruses, we have added hand sanitizer stations and everyone in the store will be wearing facemasks in accordance with provincial guidelines. Please remember to follow the directional arrows and keep your distance from others.
We gladly accept donations at the back of the store Monday – Saturday 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Due to the pandemic, we continue to isolate donations before they come in the store. If our containers are full,
we may have to stop accepting donations early. Please consider bringing them back another day.
The SOS Thrift Shop has over 18,000 square feet of:
- Small appliances
- Household items
Collectables and art are also available. The Boutique department offers fashionable clothing at affordable prices. Gift certificates are available.
Donations are gratefully accepted at 188 West Hirst Avenue, Parksville (at the back of the building) Monday – Saturday, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm.
The Thrift Shop is open Monday through Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm. Closed Sundays and holidays.
Important details about shopping:
- Do not enter, if you are sick.
- Wear a face mask.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations at the entrance and exit doors.
- Once inside, please follow directional signs.
- Sorry, changed rooms are closed at this time due to the pandemic.
- Please stay 6 feet away from other shoppers, and staff, at all times.
- All incoming donations have been isolated prior to being put on the sales floor; however, we recommend that you wash and/or sanitize your purchases.
- Please avoid touching merchandise unless you intend to purchase the item.
- Change rooms and washrooms are closed for your safety.
- Tap debit and credit transactions are preferred; please avoid using cash.
- New shopping bags will be provided. Sorry, we will not be handling or using reusable bags.
- We are limiting the number of shoppers for your safety. Please limit your visit to 20 minutes so that other customers have the opportunity to shop. Please help us ensure everyone gets a chance to come in and find some treasures.
- Sorry, there are no deliveries available.
Important details about Thrift Shop donations:
- Drop off your donations during opening hours, 9:30 – 3:30, Monday – Saturday.
- Sorry, no furniture or large appliances will be accepted for donation at this time due to our limited capacity to store isolated donations.
- When our storage containers are full, we cannot take any more donations that day until those items have gone through an isolation period. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we hope you will consider coming back with your donations.
- Please ensure your items are clean and in working order.
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from SOS employees.
- Sorry there are no pick-ups available.