Thrift Shop reopens June 15
We are very excited to welcome our Thrift Shop customers and donors back to resume treasure hunting and donation drop-offs on June 15!
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we continue to work through the challenges that have come with the COVID-19 crisis.
Your support is truly appreciated at this time and is helping us provide essential services to our residents. Thank you for helping us keep valuable items out of our landfill, for promoting ethical, sustainable shopping, and for supporting SOS as a local charity dedicated to improving our community.
The health and safety of you and our staff is a top priority to us, so you will notice some changes. Here’s what you can expect on your visit to the Thrift Shop:
Monday - Saturday, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. These reduced business hours will help us restock the store and maintain enhanced cleaning requirements with just our staff on the premises.
Enhanced cleaning procedures:
We will be cleaning high-touch areas frequently.
In order to limit the spread of viruses, we have added hand sanitizer stations and our staff team will be wearing facemasks.
Important details about shopping:
- Do not enter, if you are sick.
- Wear a mask, if you have one.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations at the entrance and exit doors.
- Once inside, please follow directional signs.
- Please stay 6 feet away from other shoppers, and staff, at all times.
- All incoming donations have been isolated prior to being put on the sales floor; however, we recommend that you wash and/or sanitize your purchases.
- Please avoid touching merchandise unless you intend to purchase the item.
- Change rooms and washrooms are closed for your safety.
- Tap debit and credit transactions are preferred; please avoid using cash.
- New shopping bags will be provided. Sorry, we will not be handling or using reusable bags.
- We are limiting the number of shoppers for your safety. Please limit your visit to 20 minutes so that other customers have the opportunity to shop. Please help us ensure everyone gets a chance to come in and find some treasures.
- Sorry, there are no deliveries available.
Important details about Thrift Shop donations:
- If possible, please hold off on dropping donations as we are anticipating an influx of donations that will overwhelm our capacity to process them.
- Drop off your donations during opening hours, 9:30 - 3:30, Monday - Saturday.
- Sorry, no furniture or large appliances will be accepted for donation at this time due to our limited capacity to store isolated donations.
- Please ensure your items are clean and in working order.
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from SOS employees.
- Sorry we are not able to pick up donations at this time.
Thank you again for your patience as we do our best to operate in this new normal. We are looking forward to seeing your happy faces again as you discover fantastic bargains!
SOS could not continue providing community support without valued supporters like you. Thank you for helping us ensure that everyone has a safe, enjoyable shopping experience at the best Thrift Shop on the Island.