SOS THRIFT SHOP SHIPPER/RECEIVER PART-TIME
Join our Dynamic Team! Looking for a rewarding career in the non-profit sector? SOS is an award-winning charitable organization that has been improving the lives of residents in the Parksville Qualicum Beach region since 1968. What you’ll love about SOS: Great company culture. We value each member of our team and what they bring to our organization. Our staff are passionate about their work and together we strive to maintain a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment. Work-life balance. At SOS we are serious about self-care and know that happy, healthy staff make great employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Transports donations from loading bay to pricing/sorting room.
· Operates/assists on Thrift Shop truck.
· Sorts, labels, and prices donations.
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; able to drive 1 ton cube van.
· Training and/or experience in customer service.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Physically fit; able to do heavy lifting in a safe manner.
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $18.50 per hour to start
Start Date: Immediately
Deadline: Once Position is Filled
Note: Police Information Check required.
Submit resume and references to:
Thrift Shop Operations Manager,
Society of Organized Services (SOS)
PO Box 898
245 Hirst Avenue West,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G9